I’m going back over some of the new differences in Avamar 6.1 and am very impressed with the enhancements that Avamar now has with VMware image based backups. Before version 6.1 you needed a seperate image proxy for Linux and a seperate proxy for Windows, now with the new proxy design both Operating Systems have been integrated into one proxy. Not only does the proxy support both OS’s but now it also supports File Level Recovery to both OS’s where as Windows was only supported previously. To be more specific; the Unified Proxy now supports Windows NTFS, and Linux ext2, ext3, and LVM. The proxy does NOT support the following: Windows GPT Partitions, Windows Dynamic disks, Extended Partitions, Encypted Partitions, Compressed Partitions, or XFS.
Incoming search terms:
- proxy appliance vmware
- vmware proxy appliance
- avamar proxy
- image level backups avamar 6 1
- gpt avamar
- EMC Avamar VMware Image Backup/FLR Appliance
- Does Avamar support Linux extended partitions?
- difference between avamar proxy backups and avamar image based backups
- datastore for proxy at avamar
- check version avamar proxy